By Kent M. Van De Graaff, David A. Morton, John L. Crawley
This full-color atlas is designed for all scholars taking separate or built-in classes in human anatomy and body structure. This atlas can accompany and increase any human anatomy, human body structure or mixed human anatomy and body structure textbook. it truly is designed to be of specific price to scholars in a laboratory scenario and will both accompany a laboratory handbook or, in yes classes, it might probably function the laboratory guide.
Great care has long past into the instruction of this photographic atlas to supply scholars with an entire set of pictures for every of the human physique structures. Cat, fetal pig, and rat dissection also are integrated for these scholars who've the chance to do comparable dissections as a part of their laboratory requirement. moreover, photos of a sheep middle dissection also are incorporated.
A visible stability is completed among many of the degrees to be had to watch the constitution of the physique. thoroughly classified, informative figures are depicted sincerely and competently. The phrases utilized in this atlas are those who are authorized and instructed by way of the Basle Nomina Anatomica (BNA).
Some of the adjustments for this new version contain a brand new paintings software, new vertebrate dissection pictures (new specimens have been dissected to acquire higher caliber photos of the muscular and organ systems), and a brand new complete web page middle valve/cardiac cycle determine. 3-hole drilled.
Read or Download A Photographic Atlas for the Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory Seventh Edition PDF
Best physiology books
"Highly Commended," uncomplicated and scientific Sciences type, British scientific organization 2012 clinical publication Competition
- fast evaluation vital content material utilizing favorite containers incorporated during the textual content to supply medical examples of disordered physiology.
- grasp tricky strategies with using 800 colour drawings that characteristic balloon captions explaining key processes.
- locate details simply with the intuitive association by way of physique process and constant style.
- Get updated insurance of body structure with up to date textual content and figures.
- remain present because of up-to-date fabric, together with a brand new bankruptcy on body structure of getting older and a brand new part on hemostasis.
- achieve a transparent visible realizing with a revised and up to date artwork software of high quality, complete colour line drawings and prominently featured scientific examples.
Easily relate molecular and mobile biology to the examine of human body structure and sickness.
Development upon the good fortune of the bestselling first quantity, useful meals: Biochemical and Processing points, quantity II explores new assets of nutraceutical and sensible nutrients constituents and addresses the most important concerns for product improvement and processing. It offers the most recent advancements within the chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, epidemiology, engineering, and processing of practical meals.
Strains the improvement of medical wisdom concerning the services of blood within the physique, from ideals held through the traditional Greeks to discoveries in additional sleek occasions.
The constitution and serve as of anxious Tissue V6 summary: The constitution and serve as of fearful Tissue V6
- Physiology and Pathology of Cerebellum
- Metabolic Influences on Risk for Tendon Disorders
- Introduction to Human Physiology
- Calmodulin Antagonists and Cellular Physiology
- Progress in Botany/Fortschritte der Botanik: Morpholgy · Physiology · Genetics · Taxonomy · Geobotany/Morphologie · Physiologie · Genetik · Systematik · Geobotanik
- Hydrogen Molecular Biology and Medicine
Extra info for A Photographic Atlas for the Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory Seventh Edition
1. 39 Nervous tissue. 1. Nuclei of surrounding neuroglial cells 2. Nucleus of neuron 3. Nucleolus of neuron 4. 40 Cross section of a peripheral nerve. Epineurium 4. 41 Cross section of a peripheral nerve. Endoneurium 3. 42 A nerve stained with osmium. 1. 43 A longitudinal section of axons. 1. Myelin sheath 2. 44 Neuromuscular junction. 1. Skeletal muscle 2. 45 Cross section of unmyelinated nerve. 46 Cross section of the spinal cord. 1. Posterior (dorsal) root of spinal nerve 2. Posterior (dorsal) horn (gray matter) 3.
1. 27 Cross section of two osteons in bone tissue. 1. Canaliculi 2. 28 Spongy (cancellous) bone. 1. Spicule of bone 2. 29 Longitudinal section of osteons. 1. Central (haversian) canal 2. Perforating (Volkman’s) canals 3. 30 Osteoblasts. 31 Osteoclast. Bone Howship’s lacuna 3. 32 Longitudinal section of skeletal muscle tissue. 1. Skeletal muscle cells, note striations 2. 33 Cross section of skeletal muscle tissue. 1. Skeletal muscle cells 2. Nuclei in periphery of cell 3. Endomysium (surrounds cells) 4.
Eccrine sweat gland 14. Bulb of hair 15. 3 Skin. 1. 2 The gross structure of the skin and underlying fascia. 4 Corpuscle of touch. 1. Corpuscle of touch (Meissner’s corpuscle) 2. 5 Epidermis and dermis. 1. Stratum corneum 4. Stratum spinosum 2. Stratum lucidum 5. Stratum basale 3. 6 Fingertip. Eponychium 2. Phalanges 4. 7 Eccrine sweat gland. 1. Excretory duct of sweat gland (coiling toward surface) 4. Sebaceous gland 5. 8 Sweat gland. 9 Sweat gland. 1. Lumen of secretory portion 2. Myoepithelial cell 3.